Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Homecoming to Big "D"

For those of you dont know my background, I grew up in Irving/Dallas, and I relocated to Houston from Dallas in 1992.

I am returning to Big "D" this weekend (Dec. 1 thru 3) for a first time since Texas Open in early October of this year. I'm excited to see my folks again. I have not seen my father since last September, but have not seen my mother since the Memorial Day weekend. This Friday, my lovely folks and I are going out for dinner at our favorite Mexican food, El Fenix. I look forward to visiting them again. After that, I'll meet Brett from Louisiana and his Dallasite friends at Jr's or Round Up Saloon, which is one of my favorite gay bars in Dallas. It's funny when Brett mentioned Jr's today via an email because it's my first gay bar that I went in my life. That was back in June 1982, about two weeks after my high school graduation. I recalled that I was very freaked out when I first stepped into the bar. I was not alone, but it was my old high school buddy who accompanied me. That really comforted me, I recalled. He and I ended up getting drunk before we became comfortable to socialize with our very first gay people. What a memorable moment! I deeply was in a closet at that time, and I did not come out until five years later (which was in 1987). Dallas' gay community was an original part of my gay life. So, I am excited to return to the city this weekend.

I am invited to two different events this Saturday. One of them is my friend Rungsit's surprise 46th birthday party, which is hosted by his companion Eduardo. I look forward to celebrating his 46th anniversary of life, seeing my old friends and my new friend Brett from Louisiana, and meeting new people.

One of the exciting parts of this weekend is that Brett and I are going to play a tennis re-match this Saturday. He wanted to excat his sweet revenge against me (because I kicked his ass out of the regular singles tournament in a first round at HouTex 26's tennis tournament last month by beating him in two sets, and the score was 6-3, 6-2. I felt little bad for having such a nice guy like Brett exit from the regular singles so EARLY, but I was glad that there was a consolation, where he made it to the finals as a finalist. Congrats to him. At the same time, I kept reminding myself that beating somebody was part of sports, and my bully side is that I wanted to keep winning. hahaha). Can you do me a favor? Please encourage Brett to try harder to whip my ass this weekend. LOL

Have a great weekend!

- Dancing Bull

2 comments:

Brettcajun said...

Cracking knuckles. Drinking Red Bull. Pulling out that can of whoopass. Peering across the court at my foe... can you smell the can of whoopass I am about to open on ya?

BrianSOUL said...

Hmmmm....keep up trying me.